Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Do All Good Things Eventually Come To An End? (4)

Especially when a person has gone through a devastating financial experience, decision making can at times, be mentally exhausting. Because of their insecurities, they are in constant turmoil. It takes them forever to make a decision as to their choice, holding out constantly, looking for even better possibilities, which may never come. In the meantime, they are letting wonderful opportunities slip by. From simple to complicated choices, they are dominated by fear. They lack self-confidence. Fear of failure, fear of being ridiculed by others and fear of what others may think of them. The longer it takes for them to make up their minds, the more fearful that person will become of his or her ability to deal with it. Laments such as: "Oh my, what do I do?" I just can't make up my mind!" “I don't know if I should invest in this company or not!" "I don't know if I should take this job with lesser pay or hold out for a better one.? Indecision creates an unsettled condition in your mind and body. As long as you are an indecisive person, you are helpless and won't be able to move in any direction with complete assurance, unless you were guaranteed that the step you will take in making changes is safe and secure.

If and when these individuals do make their choice, they continue to be harassed with anxiety on whether or not it was the right choice. No matter what they decide to choose, they will always find a reason why that choice was wrong, thus subjecting themselves to unnecessary stress, bemoaning what might have been. Expressions such as: "It's just my luck, that this should have happened, I knew I shouldn't have made that choice," " I should have gone to college when I had the chance instead of getting married, now with three kids, its too late," " I don't know why I agreed to buy this house, it was too much for me to handle and I don't even like where we live," " "Why did I choose this car, what a lemon, it has been nothing but trouble since I got it." " I don't know why I got into that business, I wasn't able to make any money on it," so on and so forth.

There are so many hidden talents within each of us, that can be uncovered and developed today. Each one of us is unique, expressing ourselves in our own particular way. The best way to begin , is to create a new plan of Self-direction by analyzing your negative thoughts and trying to find a way of turning them into a positive approach to life. Dismantling old negative thoughts, is a very frustrating and difficult project, but it can be done......Stop selling yourself short.....as I mentioned before, wanting to do something and not take action on it is self-defeating.....It becomes mere daydreaming Those who make decisions promptly and definitely know what they want, usually get it.The person of a positive mental attitude, who is in charge of himself or herself does not view change as a threat but as an opportunity to expand his or her horizons.These individuals of Positive Mental Attitude are flexible and have self-direction. They know what their choice is about, weighing all the pros and cons related to it, deciding which will result in a better return for them, and then take the plunge by moving forward with a burning desire to win or perish. They are not hindered by self imposed limitations. They have learned the secret of uncovering the hidden talents that are within them, and developing them to its fullest.

In summary, Do All Good Things Eventually Come To An End? Not necessarily. Tell me, if you agree or disagree? I would like to hear your comments on this.

No comments: