Monday, October 4, 2010

The Italian Niche: Saying it in Italian (1)

From time to time I will be posting expressions both in English and Italian. Here are a few to start.

1. Hi!- Ciao!
2. I'm sending you a kiss- Ti mando un bacio
3. How are you?- Come stai? or you can say: Come state (which is more formal)
4. I'm fine, thanks!- Bene, grazie!
5. I missed you so much!- me sei mancato molto!
6. What's new? - che c'è di nuovo?
7. See you later! -A dopo
8. How much is this? - Quanto costa questo?
9. Just a little. - Solo un po'.
10. Nice to meet you! - è un piacere conoscerti!/ è un piacere conoscerla (polite)
11. Where do you live? - Dove vivi?/ Dove vive? (polite)
12. Did you like it here? - ti piace qui?
13. Italy is a wonderful country - L'italia è un paese meraviglioso.
14. I like Italian - Mi piace l'italiano.
15. I have to go - Devo andare
16. Good luck! - Buona fortuna!
17. I'd like to visit Italy one day - Mi piacerebbe visitare l'Italia un giorno di questi!
18. Good night and sweet dreams! - Buona notte e sogni d'oro!
19. Sorry (for a mistake) - Scusami!/ Mi scusi! (polite)
20. Write It Down Please! -Scrivilo per favore!/ Lo scriva per favore (polite)
21. What's That Called In Italian? - Come si chiama quella cosa in italiano?
22. What Is This? - Cos'è questa cosa?
23. My Italian is bad. - il mio italiano è orribile.
24. I'm hungry/ thirsty. - Sono Affamato/ Assetato.
25. Really! - Davvero!
26. I feel sick. - Mi sento male!
27. Better late than never - Meglio tardi che mai
28. A fool and his money are soon parted - Uno sciocco e il suo denaro son presto separati
29. In union there is strength - L'unione fa la forza
30. Appetite comes with eating - L'appetito vien mangiando
31. The end justifies the means - Il fine giustifica i mezzi

To contact: miriammedina@earthlink.net
.

No comments: