Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Blogger's Clutter

Hello ......It's 5:30 a.m, my usual wake-up time. I didn't sleep too well last night...I guess I was thinking too much of what I was supposed to write about today. or maybe It was something I ate. Anyway, just brewed a fresh pot of coffee. My faithful notepad and pen lie nearby, with a book I would be researching, so I may jot down my notes and thoughts, while I sip my coffee. Holy cow, this is strong....I must have slipped in an extra spoonful. This will really make me grow hair on my chest. Even though I know the coffee will give me heartburn, I need that stimulant, so I can move on to my next activity for the day. Grateful for my anti-acid medication, I'll deal with the heartburn. I really shouldn't complain, one must be grateful for the small things in life....heartburn and all.

Okey, now, my ritual of vitamins and medication is over, which seems to increase everytime I go for my routine check-up at the doctors. I think I would feel incomplete, if I didn't have once a prescription or blood work paper in my hand each time I left the doctor's office.

I am wide awake now and ready to work a few hours on thehistorybox.com. or my five page essays, Spanish translation or now my Italian translations. I'm wondering where my keyboard is. I'm sure it was here on my desk before I went to bed. Ahhh! There it is, buried under the pile of paperwork. Now if I could just find my earphones so I can listen to my classical music. Oops, its on the floor. So glad I didn't step on them. I am surrounded by a literary blanket of books, all within reach, which seems to keep minimizing my work space. Geeeeez...my apartment is starting to look like a library. So grateful for my post-ems and notes, they are all over the desk and tray table, reminding me of what to do or where I left off. When my son comes home he always makes his remark about my clutter " Hey mom, when are you going to organize this mess?" I would respond "It IS organized, and don't touch anything, I know exactly where everything is..." Someday, I promise myself that I will get to it.. a familiar ring? Its amazing how in so much clutter, one can be organized. Right? What do you say about this?.

To contact: miriammedina@earthlink.net
.

No comments: