Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Making Choices: Turmoil or Tranquility? ( 3)

By Miriam B. Medina

(Continue from Page: 2)

Even now, as a website administrator and blogger, I still have to deal with negative attitudes by those who are not pleased with what I am doing. "Why are you doing a blog? Even considering being an author? Don't you have enough on your plate running a website? Between your job and research, you want to write also? Aren't you taking on too much at your age?" These are the questions I have been asked.

No!

These were my choices and I have no regrets, because when I made my choice, I knew it was the right choice. So my dear reader if I had allowed myself to be swayed by the opinions of others, I would not be here today discussing the subject of "Making Choices: Turmoil or Tranquility?" So when one makes reasonable choices, one will always find a way of balancing health and personal issues, as well as responsibilities.

In establishing choices, whether they are advantageous or inept, they surely will lead to changes in your life. For some individuals, making changes may appear easy, while for others it is extremely difficult. Some may feel threatened by the change and resist it by being difficult and negative in their opinions and participation, while others, those who surrender to change, believe they are a pawn in the hands of luck, with no will of their own. The person with a positive mental attitude who is in charge of himself or herself does not consider evolution as a threat, but as an opportunity to develop his or her horizons. These individuals who possess a PMA are flexible and have self-direction. They trust their decision, weighing all the pros and cons related to it, considering the consequences and deciding which will result in a better return for them. Then take the plunge by moving forward with a burning desire to win or perish. They are not hindered by self-imposed limitations. They have learned the secret of uncovering the hidden talents that are within them, and develop them to the fullest.

If you are a procrastinator, you need to stop feeling upset, worried and miserable, and most of all, start letting go of the habit of being indecisive, which you have harbored all your life. Try establishing peace of mind by focusing on maintaining a positive attitude toward life. This way you will develop confidence in your ability to make correct choices that are right for YOU in any situation.

So my dear friends, when you need to make that choice, will it result in Turmoil or Tranquility? Which do you prefer? As for me, I've put off writing about this topic for far too long. Just kidding. Good luck!

Back to Table of Contents (4a) Positive Thinking & Self-Improvement

To contact: miriammedina@earthlink.net

.

No comments: